Develops new business by analyzing account potential; initiating, developing, and closing sales; recommending new applications and sales strategies.
Business Development Manager Job Duties:
- Identifies new development and commercial opportunities by targeting accounts that utilize electrochemical / biosensors in emerging or current applications; interviewing key customer personnel and identifying and evaluating needs.
- Identifies new development potential in current accounts by studying current business; interviewing key customer personnel and company personnel who have worked with customer; identifying and evaluating additional needs; analyzing opportunities.
- Develops sales by making initial presentations; explaining product and service capabilities.
- Prepares proposals, statements of work; conferring with product engineering.
- Contributes information to sales strategies by evaluating current product results; identifying needs to be filled; monitoring competitive products; analyzing and relaying customer reactions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Business Development Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in OEM technical sales preferably in the Medical Device industry.
- Ability to travel throughout the western part of the United States.
- 4-Year College degree required.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a determination to succeed.
Interested in this position? Upload your resume below.